SNILLARD 10/1998 - 5/2013

SNILLARD 10/1998 - 5/2013
I will miss you!

Art Tickles My Fancy

Art Tickles My Fancy

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Psst! Hey you... come here. I want you to meet a friend of mine.

This Grande Dame is Bella Oak. She is the namesake of my 5 acres and has been holding her ground for over 300 years. There is something so whimsical about trees of large stature. Even the Bible uses large trees as a metaphor for opulent goverments (Daniel,)for depicting God's right to rule(Genesis), and for describing the sublime value of God's uncomparable Word and its benefit to those who study it; "It is a tree of life to those taking hold of it, and those keeping fast hold of it are to be called happy" (Proverbs 3:18). Trees like Bella propel the imagination. She does more than give flight to birds... beneath her boughs, my anxiety takes flight, and I am left with the song of the wind thru her leaves, singing a sweet lullaby of calmness and tranquility.





Bella is a big girl. Note the chair next to her trunk. It would take 4-5 adults to wraps their arms around her. There's a lot of her to love! And I'm grateful she's given me a secret place to unwind & relax.

1 comment:

wendyrsm said...

I want to come sit under your tree and and have some tea! :)