SNILLARD 10/1998 - 5/2013

SNILLARD 10/1998 - 5/2013
I will miss you!

Art Tickles My Fancy

Art Tickles My Fancy

Monday, November 28, 2011

Bisque Beauty

I had a marvelous 4 days off from work :-) I spent part of my holiday making pretty things. I had intentions on cleaning-up my craftroom, and was beginning to feel like getting rid of some stuff... stuff that I've collected and just have not done anything with - like this birdcage from the Salvation Army. The very top of it had something broken off of it. I thought "That's it Tina! Do something with this junk!". So I did. And look how cute she is! I adore her - my lil' bisque beauty. I especially like her pillbox hat, which was a lid I bought somewhere not knowing what in the heck I'd use it for.
"I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance that I should have been by any epaulet I could have worn." ~Henry David Thoreau

3 comments:

Robin Sanchez said...

Cute Tina!!

wendyrsm said...

You are so creative!! Just beautiful!!

Trash 2 Treazure said...

Love the birdcage! That lace looked familiar, too. I wondered what you did over the 4-day holiday since we didn't get together. I was sick in bed unfortunately, but glad you still were able to do some crafting. LOL. Your Puerto Rican Sista.