SNILLARD 10/1998 - 5/2013

SNILLARD 10/1998 - 5/2013
I will miss you!

Art Tickles My Fancy

Art Tickles My Fancy

Monday, August 10, 2009

Cruz'in 4 Treasures

To me, my friends are like snowflakes... each one a unique beauty. Each one has their own delicate facets which make them shine and glisten. Starlet is a pal that lives up to her name. Loving to sparkle is our common ground. After attending her congregation meeting, we received the sweetest compliment when a sister came up to us afterwards and said "when you two walked in, it was like seeing two flowers". I don't know about you Starrzy, but that is the nicest compliment I've ever had - I love being likened to a flower. Enchanting.

Ironically, we both happened to find dolls that look like ourselves. We drove to a street fair in Benicia on Saturday, and as I was standing in line for a greasy corn dog, Starlet found this vintage pin cushion for a BUCK! Yes!! One dollar!!!! When she showed me it I turned green with envy! I wasted no time in coveting it! I marched straight back to that booth and asked if they had more. They didn't. Now the plot is starting to thicken... Starrzy loves this new find of hers, but she also has been hearing the dozens of comments on my crochet purse all day. So we strike a deal by the end of the day that I design & make her a purse for the pin cushion! Yes it's worth 20 hours of crochet! And best of all, she even looks like Starlet, down to her smokie blue eyes.




This was my last purchase on Sunday, a few hours before I caught my flight home. This lamp ($32!) will always remind me of mine and Starzzy's weekend of treasure hunting.

No comments: