SNILLARD 10/1998 - 5/2013

SNILLARD 10/1998 - 5/2013
I will miss you!

Art Tickles My Fancy

Art Tickles My Fancy

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Two Crafting Loons

Okay, let me tell you about my crazy Puerto Rican friend Donna Horn. This girl is full of crafty acts! We are a great team because I can come up with the designs, and she has the techniques to put it together. But whats funny is she and I have this lil' thing going where we'll make something for one another as a gift, but secretly we're really trying to trump eachothers creativity (a healthy competition w/ benefits!). Now defeat is not easy to admit, but I don't think I can trump the beautiful lil' Bird Book she made me. Just look at it! Complete w/ nest & eggs!! Pink rhinestones encircling the lil' feathered friend. And a foldout center that has petite bird poetry w/ pictures. She knows that I love bird items and so made me this sweet gift (swoon...)! But what she did not know, was that my family nickname is "Tinabird", named after Ladybird Johnson, former First Lady.





Donna & I were up to midnight last Friday soldering these and other jewels... the button is especially precious to me - it belonged to her seamstress Grandmother!

No comments: